Chili & We're Eating What For Dinner????

I made chili for dinner last night.  I wish I had a magical recipe but I don't.  It is one of those dishes that I just dump things in the crock pot.  Sometimes it is amazing and other times not.  Last night it was just OK.  The best part of this meal is the story that goes with it.  So please indulge me for just a moment.
We're eating what for dinner?
That was a question my siblings and I asked my mom years ago, when she told us we were having garbage for dinner.  We looked at eachother and wondered if we had really heard her correctly.  Mom was a great cook and tonight she was feeding us "garbage".  Little did we realize, a great meal was really what she had in store for us.  It turned into a regular meal and now a family tradition that continues on with my own family.  It is the only way we eat chili at our house.  Now I want to share it with all of you.
Garbage
Chili
add to each serving:
tortilla chips, crushed slightly
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream



It is amazing how the addition of just these few ingredients makes the chili so good and a little different twist.  The kids love how they can add as much of each ingredient that they want.
So now imagine the looks you'll get when you tell people you ate "garbage" for dinner!!


Comments