Crock Pot Peanut Butter & Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

A friend recently lent me a crock pot cookbook.  It is supposed to be low fat, healthy recipes for the crock pot.  Ok my curiosity was peaked.  As I searched though I came across a handwritten recipe and you know me, I immediately became intrigued.  I had never made a cake or dessert in the crock pot before.  She had written that it is only 3 Weight Watchers points per serving.    Thanks Amy!!

Crock Pot Peanut Butter & Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Makes 8 servings
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
Combine ingredients and mix until smooth.  Pour in a greased crock pot.
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 cup boiling water
Mix until sugar is dissolved.  Pour over cake mixture.  DO NOT STIR! 
Cover and cook on High for 2-3 hours. The cake will be very moist and floating on a layer of molten chocolate when it is done.  You will know it is done cooking when nearly all the cake is set and its edges begin to pull away from the sides. 
Verdict: It was different but delicious!  The kids all ate theirs topped with whipped topping. 

Check out Crock Pot Wednesday over at Dining With Debbie.
~Tiffanee

Comments

  1. This is a new one! I've never heard of crock pot baking for cakes. Great that it works for WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh BABY this looks devine!

    Check out "feedburner.com" if you want to do "email updates" - very easy to set up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! That looks good! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! - I'm always looking for yummy new and quick recipes! (newest follower from FF) - kg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try this at home. I'm also a new follower from Friday Follow! Happy Friday:)

    Nataliana
    http://tianataliana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious--you stated that this is 3 points per serving but what is a serving? How many people does it serve for a 3 point serving?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!