Easy Beat the Heat Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

With the impending heat wave we have been having I have not wanted to cook at all.   It has been so hot in my house that my normally very solid coconut oil is now a very liquid form. Turning on the oven makes me cringe. I decided I needed to cook my family something good for the 4th of July.  This was incredible and so simple!  I put them in the crockpot in the morning and only had to turn the oven on for 10 minutes.  They were so tender and delicious.

Easy Beat the Heat Crock Pot BBQ Ribs
inspired by Everyday Savvy
1 rack of baby back ribs
1 can pop (I used Dr. Pepper)
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
salt and pepper

Season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.  Wrap the rack of ribs around your crock pot.  Pour can of pop over the ribs and then add the liquid smoke if you want.  Put on the lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil.  Carefully take rack of ribs out of the crock pot and place on the cookie sheet.  Cover with barbecue sauce.  Broil on high for 10-15 minutes until the sauce starts to caramelize (get sticky looking).  Remove from oven and enjoy!!
If you have time make Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce. It is really good on ribs!
I used two racks of ribs and the same measurements of ingredients and they turned out perfectly.

Total deliciousness!!



Comments

  1. What a great idea. I always think of my crock pot as a winter thing. Genius to use it in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!