Sausage and Pepper Pasta

  When you don't get home from work until 7 pm it's important to feed the troops as quick as possible.  So lately, I have been focusing on how I can get dinner done quickly, but still be home cooked and nutritious as possible.  This one fit the mold.  It is so simple, super quick and delicious!  Best of all you can change it up to fit your family's taste buds and leftovers seem to taste even better the next day.  It has been a huge hit at my house.

Sausage and Pepper Pasta
1 medium sweet onion
2 Peppers (I like to use for example 1 red and 1 yellow)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 sausage, sliced and halved. (I used a Hillshire Farms Smoked Beef Sausage)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
4 mushrooms, sliced
1 can spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 lb pasta cooked and drained.

Pour the olive oil in to a saute pan.  Add the garlic. Slice onions, peppers and put them in the pan.
Saute over medium heat until they start to get tender (about 5 minutes)
Add sliced sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and spaghetti sauce.
Stir and let simmer until heated through.
Stir in your cooked pasta and sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan Cheese.
*If you like a little heat add some red pepper flakes.
Dinner is Ready!

*If I am really on the ball I slice and dice everything the night before.  Then all have to do is dump it all in and cook.


ENJOY! 


Comments