Did Someone Say Chocolate Tea??

Recently, I was asked to try out some Cacao Tea which is also known as chocolate tea or cocoa tea) is a 100% natural tea which is brewed from cacao husks (also known as cacao shells). They had me at chocolate...so I was excited to give it the taste test.

Cacao tea has a delicious chocolate flavor and a natural sweetness despite containing no sugar or calories. Cacao tea is also gluten and dairy free. As a result, cacao tea is an excellent replacement for caffeinated tea and coffee and a great way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Cacao husks are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, which studies have shown have a number of health benefits. In addition, cacao husks are rich in the compound theobromine, which is a mild, naturally occurring stimulant similar to caffeine with a gentle, slow-release effect.
 It is a beautiful loose leaf tea.  
So a friend and I brewed it up.
The smell is heavenly...  I couldn't wait.
Cacao Tea is a high quality product.  It brewed up nicely.  
Personally, it was not my cup of tea per say... I liked it, but it wouldn't be my choice of drinks.
However, that being said I am not much of a tea drinker. So if you are, I think you would like this tea and the incredible benefits it offers.  The smell is divine and a pure treat!
You can check it out at cacaoteaco.com


Comments