Dreamsicle Salad

When I served this for dinner tonight my kids commented, "wow we never have dessert".  I would not thought of it as a dessert, but I am all right with them thinking that.  This is light, fluffy and reminds you truly of a dreamsicle.  It makes a really big bowl.  The recipe says that it serves 10-12.  Sorry my picture is not that great and does not due this salad justice.


Dreamsicle Salad
2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
1 (3 ounce) package orange Jello
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (22 ounce) mandarin oranges, including the juice
1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping.

Combine the pudding, Jello and boiling water.  Stir until completely dissolved.   Add the mandarin oranges with the juice.  Fold in the whipped topping.  Refrigerate.

*I have used several different Jello flavors and fruit combinations.  My family has liked them all.  I think their favorite was strawberry. 

Comments