Meatballs

This is a simple but delicious meatball recipe.  I love to make them and put them in the freezer.  This is a basic 1 batch recipe.  There was a sale on hamburger so I made 3 lbs. worth. I had to fight the kids off in order get them frozen. They were eating them right out of the oven. The only other issue I had was the hamburger was 80/20.  It was a bit fatty. So after they had cooked I had to wipe the fat off the bottom of each one.  Other than that they turned out great.
Meatballs
Makes one batch: double or triple to get the amount you want if freezing them.
1 lb. hamburger
1 egg
1 Tbs. corn starch
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. minced onion
dash of pepper
Mix all ingredients together.  Shape into balls or use cookie scoop and place on a cookie sheet.

  Bake 350 degree  for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your meatballs.   These were smaller ones (about 1 Tbs worth. I used my small cookie scoop.) I baked them for 15 minutes. 

Flash freeze until solid (about 1/2 hour, unless you forget them like I did.)
Place in freezer bag and freeze for future recipes.

My first recipe for my frozen meatballs was a one I got from a blog called Finding Joy in My Kitchen. The recipe is called Meatball Tortellini Soup.  It was a hit!! It was quick to make and tasted delicious.  We had a dinner guest and she ate 3 bowls full.  The only changes I made was I could not find frozen tortelllini and was too cheap to buy fresh.  So I settled for the dried version and it was fine. I added a bit more celery and omitted the peas.  Due to time constraints I did not saute the onions and carrots.  I just threw everything in the pot except the meatballs and tortellini and simmered it for awhile.  Then brought it to a boil and added the other ingredients.  I served it with french bread and parmesan cheese.


Next time I make this I will not fold laundry while the tortellini and meatballs are cooking  (I cooked them a bit too long) and my husband requested a few less carrots.  Thanks Snowhite for such an awesome recipe!!

Comments

  1. What a GREAT!!! idea. I always make my meatballs on the stove. I think this way is better. Have you tried cooking bacon in the oven.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking bacon in the oven is the only way to go. I layer the pan with tinfoil first and it makes clean up a breeze. Thanks Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my meatballs in the oven also so it was nice to see you doing it also. It makes life so much simpler. No fat in the sauce.

    This looks like a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed the soup :) I'm excited for your meatball recipe -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!