Dinner Nachos

Every once in a great while my family likes to make nachos for dinner.  This is something I got from my mom. The kids love it because they can put whatever toppings they want on them.  I call them dinner nachos because I try to include as many of the food groups as possible.  So the kids are not just eating chips and cheese.

Dinner Nacho Sauce
1 lb American or Velveeta Cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup salsa (can use more or less)
Cut the cheese up in chunks and place all ingredients in a saucepan. 

Cook on medium heat. Stirring constantly until everything is melted.

Sauce will be a little runny but will thicken quickly as it cools. If it is too thick add a little more milk.  If it is too runny add a little shredded cheese.  Keep on low heat while serving.
You could also make in a crock pot. It would make it easier to keep warm.
Serve over corn chips and top with:
browned hamburger
shredded cheddar cheese
diced onions
sliced olives
diced tomatoes
salsa
and what ever else you like.

I was in a huge hurry when I picked up the cheese and did not want to try to find the Velveeta so I bought a package of American Cheese slices.  Other than individually unwrapping all of them (the kids did this), it worked just as well and I think I liked the flavor better.

Check out other great recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tuesdays at the Table .

Comments

  1. I could eat these any old time, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nachos are my very favorite thing in the whole world (next to chocolate of course!) sometimes I buy the little jars of cheese/salsa combined which is expensive and so bad for you. On our next nacho night, I am going to try to make this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want some right now!!!!Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love nachos! YUMMY!!

    Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my bunch would love this recipe i will have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make one like this in a crockpot, but I include all the above ingredients inside the pot also except the chips. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!