Mexican Lasagna

When I made my menu this week I believed the recipe I found was for Mexican Lasagna, but when looking closer it was for Mexican Meatloaf.. I was not feeling that so I created my own recipe.  The kids liked it and my husband took it for lunch the next day and he said, "That stuff you made last night, whatever you call it, was pretty good! A man of few words, but I guess I will take that as a compliment.

Mexican Lasagna
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 package taco seasoning mix
¾ cup water
1 cup salsa
½ cup sour cream
1 can olives, chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
6 soft flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese
¼ to ½ cup chopped tomatoes
Lettuce (optional)
Cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is brown; drain
Stir in water, taco seasoning, salsa, kidney beans, and ¼ cup olives.
Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stir in sour cream. 

Place two tortilla on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Cover with 1/3 of the meat sauce, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with 2 tortillas, 1/3 meat sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.  Repeat layer on more time topping with 1 cup cheese.

Bake  covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take off cover and cook 10 more minutes.

Top with remaining olives, tomatoes.
Garnish each serving with sour cream and lettuce.

*You can use 1 package of crisp taco shells, broken instead of the soft tortillas.

Check out some great recipes over at Foodie Friday and Recipe Swap.
.

Comments

  1. Wow... that is pure comfort food. I could use a big helping and a salad on the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what a yummy variation. Thanks for posting it!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, Cheffie.

    I had to giggle when you mentioned what your husband said about it being pretty good.

    My father in law, in high praise, would say, "It's not bad." I thought it was missing something. So, that is not bad and my father in law would eat it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make that.... Thank you for reminding me of it. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!