Tried and True: Malibu Chicken

This is one of my family's favorite meals! I forget how good it is and most definitely deserves a re post!  It is super quick, easy and oh so delicious!! It is  I made it for my parent's and sister when they came to visit and they loved it.  My sister was HOOKED and immediately wanted the recipe.  I told her it was a difficult one ....HA HA!! 
Malibu Chicken
chicken tenders
ham lunch meat
Swiss cheese
Cook chicken tenders according to package directions
Place a slice of ham on each piece of chicken.
Place piece of Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
Place back into oven only long enough for the cheese to melt on the top.
We serve it with mustard dipping sauce.
Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 Tbs. Mustard
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
Mix until well blended. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to fit your family's taste.

*My kids who dislike mustard love this sauce..(Go figure??)
*Sometimes I add 1 tsp. of Balsamic Vinegar to the mustard sauce.
*I have not tried it yet but, I would think this would be equally good with unbreaded chicken tenders.
Enjoy!!
Linked to:

Comments

  1. That mustard sauce sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a quick, easy and delicious meal! I'll definitely try it because my kids love cheese, who doesn't? hehehe...

    I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle on my blog. This month's theme is COOKIES! (it doesn't have to be a new creation, you can use a previous post on your site too) Would you please join us for the fun? I have some cool prizes waiting too.

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson makes our Honey Mustard Sauce for nuggets night using yellow mustard, mayonnaise and honey...to taste....He is always so proud he is the sauce maker. Your recipe looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I want to try this with unbreaded chicken. Almost like an easy version of cordon bleu. Very nice to make chicken a bit fancier in an easy way, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An easy way to enjoy chicken cordon bleu!!! Gotta love it.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another recipe copied and added to my file. I just saw a recipe on the bag of chicken tenders using salsa and crushed chips. It was the first time I've ever thought of using the frozen chicken for anything than a quick snack for the kids. Can't wait to try this one.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, who wouldn't like that! Sounds quick and easy and delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these tried and true recipes that are family favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. crazy. This is the second recipe in a row I've seen that adds flavour to store-bought chicken fingers (I should check Google trends!). These are awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to go on my meal plan soon, looks so yummy!! I want to eat it for breakfast right now!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this easy idea i think i will be trying it to see if it impresses family this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's my weekly inspiration...I'm totally making a version of this bad boy!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why have I never made this before?!?! YUM! My kids love chicken strips (which I even made last weekend) but to add cheese and ham on them??? Oh my heck! I'm so on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh YUM YUM YUM! This feeds several of my favorite tastes -- ham, cheese, some breading and a lovely dipping sauce! What a tasty looking treat!

    Also, I'm hosting a CSN giveaway at www.EKatsKitchen.com and would love it if you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could easily make this with my "fake meat." Great idea, and so simple! Have a beautiful day :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bought the stuff to make these this weekend. Thanks!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just know this one would be a hit with all the wee ones. Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would be a hit with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely very popular with the younger family members.

    Thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!