Banana Pudding Cake

I had two bananas that were way overdue to be eaten..I couldn't get rid of them. So I turned them into this DELICIOUS cake!! It is so light and flavorful. OH YUM!! I want another piece........but I am gonna resist...well, maybe???
Banana Pudding Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3.5 oz.)package instant banana cream pudding mix.
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup water
1 cup mashed bananas
Optional: 2 cup mini chocolate chips
Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.  Add cake mix and pudding mix to a large bowl.  Add eggs, oil, water  and mashed bananas.  Beat on low speed until blended.  Then beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.  (Stir in chocolate chips if desired.) Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Then turn out on to a wire rack and cool completely.
Make the icing:
In a small bowl combine ingredients and whisk until smooth and of a drizzling consistency.  If it is too thick add a little more milk.  When cake is cooled, drizzle icing over the cake in a zigzag motion.
I think I will enjoy a slice!
Oh YUM!!
Linked to:

Comments

  1. That sounds absolutely wonderful! and such a good way to use those overly ripe bananas. They're so much better even, than regular bananas in a recipe. I like getting another bundt recipe, for I don't see them around much and I love a homemade bundt cake - so moist and delicious and EASY. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to always have over-ripe bananas. This sounds like a totally delicious way to use them up.

    Wonder if I have any black bananas now?

    Thanks for sharing,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YUMMMY!!! My favorite two things together Pudding & Banana's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is perfect for my pudding mix I need to use and some ripe bananas, how fun and easy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three of my favorite words...
    Banana
    Pudding
    and
    Cake

    I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice recipe! Perfect for using up those ripe bananas and I really love that the base is a boxed cake mix!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter LOVES banana pudding. It's a Southern must have for picnics. Me? Not so much, I can't stand the texture of pudding. This though? Something we might both be able to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I would totally put the chocolate chips in. I'm addicted to chocolate.

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on my weekly link up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/07/jelly-bean-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my space and your wonderful comments !banana pudding cake looks just so delicious ! I seriously drooling over these pics !


    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake looks delish!!!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tiffanee, this looks absolutely heavenly! I keep forgetting to make banana bread with our old bananas. But this has inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE banana cake!!! Yours looks beautiful :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that looks super simple and REALLY good! It has bananas so it MUST be healthy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely making this sometime this week. Thanks for sharing it. Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday whenever you can. I would love to see you ther

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cake looks perfect! I bet you enjoyed every yummy glazed bite. I'd like to invite you to stop by and link it up to Sweets for a Saturday #12. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can never go wrong with bananas and chocolate! Thanks for sharing...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I posted this on my food blog today and linked back to your site, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, oh,oh...I can't wait to try this! It looks wonderful! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cake looks divine! Featured you today on www.GOODEnessGracious.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so good! I never would have guessed that it had bananas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!