Smore Cookie Bars

I've had a huge craving for smores so when I came across this recipe it had to be made. 
These little bar are loaded with the flavor combination of a cookie and smores.  OH YUM!! They did not last long around our house.
Smore Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 regular size Hershey chocolate bars
2 cups mini marshmellows
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla; beat well.  Gradually add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt.  Mix until well blended.  Press half the dough into the prepared pan.  Arrange chocolate bars over the dough, breaking as needed to fit. Pour the marshmellows over the top and spread to equal them out over the top.  Scatter bits of the remaining dough over the marshmellows. 
Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.  
Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. I'm going to sub chips for chocolate but I think these are going to be made today! Let's just hope I don't eat the whole pan! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little summertime camper wouldn't love THESE cookie bars! especially on a rainy day or one that's too hot to enjoy a campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great recipe...I need to try this out on my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how many ways I see this recipe I want to eat the whole batch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm such a sucker for your treats :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, Tiffanee! You sure weren't kidding. I'm just gonna have to link this recipe up to my S'mores post!!!

    Thanks for sharing...I sure could use one of those bars right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look really tasty! I just made some s'mores cookies not that long ago, and they went fast, too! The bars you made are perfect for a busy night, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have been obsessed with s'more recipes this summer and i haven't really found many that have wowed me....i am going to try these because i think they will do the trick =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These have also been on my to do list for awhile. They look wonderful I'm guessing I'll be the one eating them all though. (I say that as if it's a bad thing..) =o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these right away the other day and the kids loved them. Actually, I think the husband ate most of them, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so good, fun to make and take camping. I know, we could make them at camp, but these would be fun to have with coffee, before the fire gets going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!