Strawberry Bread

This is one of those seasonal recipes that are so good you wish you could eat them year round.  Maybe that's what makes it so special. You need to use fresh berries to get it to turn out right.  This bread has just the right amount of sweetness to it and leaves you wanting more!!
Strawberry Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups strawberries, fresh and chopped fine (Frozen berries will not work)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat butter and sugars together until light and creamy.  Beat in the egg one at a time.  Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.  Gradually add flour, soda, baking powder and salt.  Mix until all ingredients are combined.  Fold in the strawberries.  Pour into a loaf pan.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*This can also be made with fresh blueberries. 
Before the fresh berries are gone for this season I am going to make a double batch a freeze a loaf so I can still enjoy it when the berry season is done.


Comments

  1. Looks like a great recipe Tiffanee! I'm sure blueberries will be amazing too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would love to have a slice or two.It looks oh so good and Im sure it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries..this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffanee this looks delicious!

    The cinnamon rolls were a huge hit! I put them in the freezer before I let them rise the second time. One pan is still there for next week. It was perfect! Thanks. Can't wait to post them! Delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love strawberry bread. That's a great idea to freeze a loaf. I've tried using frozen berries before, and it really isn't the same...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made a Strawberry bread, but it sure does sound delicious! I will have to give it a try, before we move on to pumpkin stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I have blueberries. I wonder if I can use frozen strawberries...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry season has passed here in central PA:( However, I did manage to freeze a few. I can just see me whipping this up in the "dead" of winter as a sweet reminder of summer.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!