Strawberry/Rhubarb Jam

This jam is so delicious and so simple to make. A good friend brought it to us and my family fell in love!  It is my familys' favorite hands down!!  We have been out of it for about a year, so I was thrilled when a friend gave me some rhubarb off her plant. 
Strawberry/Rhubarb Jam
makes about 3 pints of jam (I usually double it if I can.)
5 cups chopped rhubarb
4 cups sugar
1 (3 oz.) package strawberry jello
Put the rhubarb and sugar in a large pot.  Let stand until the sugar is dissolved.  Stir once in awhile. (This takes a couple hours). 
Over medium high heat bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes.  Stirring constantly.
Take off heat ad stir in the stawberry jello.  Ladle into clean bottles.  Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes. *Check the time for the altitude you live it.
Thanks Terri for an amazing recipe!!
Oh YUM!! I'm suddenly craving a PB& J sandwich!!



Comments

  1. I love strawberry/Rhubarb Jam:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, when I could still eat sugar, I made a recipe that called for jello in the jelly. It was easy and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my grandmother makes this recipe -- it's wonderful, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful, Tiffanee! And, it reminds me that I need to move my rhubarb to a sunnier location so that I get a better crop next spring. By then I should have a decent amount of strawberries in my new patch. Great combination! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some delicious Chokecherry jam this year, so exciting.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!