Pumpkin Spice Cake

Love, love, love pumpkin goodies!!  This one was so delicious and a huge hit with everyone.  One of the little boys in my preschool class told me, "They weren't good, they weren't great, they were FANTASTIC!!" 
Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth.  Add the rest of the ingredients and beat again. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake 30-35 minutes. Frost when still slightly warm.

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
Beat cream cheese. butter, vanilla and salt together. Slowly add powdered sugar slowly until fluffy and frosting consistency.  Spread over warm cake.
Store covered in the refridgerator.
YUM!!

Comments

  1. They sound nice and spicy-yum! Love what the little boy said:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM is all I can say. I've been so anxious to start making some pumpkin stuff. I'm making pumpkin muffins today and then I might make this recipe over the weekend. YUM!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh!! Chocolate chips... yum!! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful recipe! Love pumpkin spice cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love pumpkin. Not being able to use processed sugar has put a damper on most of my desserts. That cake looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love pumpkin cake!! it's the epitome of fall food =) i foudn these yummy cinnamon chips at walmart last week....they would be awesome in this cake =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum! I love pumpkin things, too!! Especially when you add cream cheese :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!