Friday, November 11, 2011

Washington Apple Cake

How could I not try out a recipe with the name of my home state in it!  It was so moist and delicious!!  I took it to work and they loved it.  My friend stopped by to tell me she was craving it so I best get the recipe on here! Thanks Jessica!!
Washington Apple Cake
adapted from Kraft
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) vanilla flavored pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
3 apples, peeled and coursely chopped
Heat oven to 350 degees. Mix everything except the apples together until well blended.  Stir in the apples.  Pour into a greased bundt or tube pan.
  Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 
Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Loosen cake with a knife and invert cake onto a serving dish or wire rack.  Cool cake completely. 
GLAZE
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3-4 teaspoons water or milk
Wisk ingredients together adding enough milk or water to get the desired consistency. Drizzle over top of the cake/  Let stand until the glaze is firm.
Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great and it's pretty with the glaze:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! I love using a Bundt pan. So pretty I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipes always make me with I could still eat sugar. I never crave it until I stop my your blog. LOL... this looks GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your recipes, they all are making me hungry and cant wait to try them. Great site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails