Sweet & Sour Sauce

The past couple weeks I have been asked if I had a good Sweet and Sour sauce recipe.  I then realized I could not find it on here.  So here it is!!  This is a simple and delicious recipe. It can be used as a dipping sauce over over chicken, rice or anything else.  In this picture it is shown as a dipping sauce for Chick Be Quicks which are very delicious.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
3/4 cup white sugar
2 Tbs. vinegar
3 Tbs. catsup
2 Tbs. cornstarch
3/4 cup pineapple juice. (Which I never have on hand so I squeeze all the juice I can out of canned pineapple pieces).

Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add remaining ingredients and cook until thick and clear.
Delicious!!

Comments

  1. Thanks, Tiffanee. That is a great recipe to keep on hand. It's going into my file right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffanee, this sounds delicious! I think I've only made a sweet and sour sauce once...I will have to try this out with chicken and serve with brown rice :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!