Chocolate Avocado Muffins

Ok I'm sure most of you are reading the title and going....WHAT??  I love chocolate and avocados but  put the two together??? When I saw this recipe over at Inside BruCrew Life (an amazing blog by the way.) I was of course intrigued and you know me I had to try it out!!  I didn't want anyone to know what was in them before tasting them, so it was a rush to get them done before the kids got home from school.  A bit skeptical after I burnt the first batch, but the rest turned out awesome.  The kids LOVED them.  They were moist and delicious.  The recipe says they are better after they have sat for awhile, well mine did not last that long.
Chocolate Avocado Muffins
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ripe avocado, smashed
1/3 cup yogurt (I used vanilla flavor greek yogart)
2/3 cup milk 
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon. salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil and sugar until combined. Add the applesauce, vanilla, yogurt and smashed avocado and beat until creamy. Whisk together all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the mixture, slowly beating it in. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Divide the batter into 15 muffin liners. Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes. (I cooked my mini ones 8-10 minutes.)
 Store in a tightly sealed container overnight. They are much better when they have had time to set up.
As weird as it sounds together it works very well!! Loved that these muffins were packed with more nutrition than normal ones!





Comments

  1. Yeah, that was my first reaction, just as you predicted! But I bet the avocado makes them really moist. Thanks for the recipe. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!