Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Recently I had my first experience with a red velvet cookie at a restaurant.  I was instantly hooked and had to try to recreate them.  They turned out fabulous and my coworkers said they were better than the ones we had bought!  They are a little messy to make, but oh so worth it!!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
adapted just a bit from Duncan Hines
6 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/2 -1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
Place cake mix, cooled butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms. (*Mixing by hand is the key to this recipe!)
Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute.
Delicious! You would never guess it was a cake mix base!
*The original recipe calls for 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.  I doubled the recipe and didn't use all of it.
Beautiful and delicious!! HUGE hit with everyone!


Comments

  1. These look delicious Tiffanee! I'll have to try them out. I have only had red velvet once (where have I been???)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!