Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fudge Meltaways

Before I start with another holiday treat. I must tell you about a new recipe I tried last night  that I found over at Scrumdiddlyumptious called Beans and Rice.  It was simple, delicious and the whole family loved it.  It is now a new addition to our dinner rotation.  Thanks Emily!
Now on to the sweets.  I received this recipe a few years ago at a cookie swap party. They are easy, but take a little time.  Well worth it though. 

Fudge Meltaways
1/2 cup butter
1 square unsweetened chocolate or 3 Tbs. cocoa and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
Melt in a saucepan and the blend in:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 cup coconut
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix thoroughly and press into a 9x9 or similar pan (I used a 8x11)

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Cool.
Filling:
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla.
Mix together and spread over crumb mixture. Chill.

Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour over top of the chilled mixture and spread evenly.

Chill again. Cut into squares before it is completely firm.  Store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. Tiffanee,
    This looks GREAT!!! and I bet it taste YUMMY!!! too. I like coconut and I will have to add pecans. THANKS!!! and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails