Fudge Meltaways

Before I start with another holiday treat. I must tell you about a new recipe I tried last night  that I found over at Scrumdiddlyumptious called Beans and Rice.  It was simple, delicious and the whole family loved it.  It is now a new addition to our dinner rotation.  Thanks Emily!
Now on to the sweets.  I received this recipe a few years ago at a cookie swap party. They are easy, but take a little time.  Well worth it though. 

Fudge Meltaways
1/2 cup butter
1 square unsweetened chocolate or 3 Tbs. cocoa and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
Melt in a saucepan and the blend in:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 cup coconut
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix thoroughly and press into a 9x9 or similar pan (I used a 8x11)

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Cool.
Filling:
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla.
Mix together and spread over crumb mixture. Chill.

Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour over top of the chilled mixture and spread evenly.

Chill again. Cut into squares before it is completely firm.  Store in the refrigerator.

Comments

  1. Tiffanee,
    This looks GREAT!!! and I bet it taste YUMMY!!! too. I like coconut and I will have to add pecans. THANKS!!! and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!