Honey Bun Cake

In my journey of the blog world this week, which is a great thrill for me, I found a recipe for Honey Bun Cake over at  Home Matters.   A cake with a name like that I just had to try it out.  I needed a quick delicious dessert.  Unfortunately I did not get it made in time for my original purpose (to take to someone). My family was extremely grateful though, so that eased my guilt a bit.  The cake was simple to make and oh so delicious!! It was very moist and full of flavor.  You can find the original recipe here at  Home Matters .  Not only does she have  this seriously delicious recipe, but some great coupon tips, freebies and finds.   I am only putting the recipe and pictures here for my own purpose, so I don't lose it.  The Home Matters gets all the credit for this one so go and check it out!!

Honey Bun Cake
1 yellow cake mix (with pudding included...I used Pillsbury)
8oz sour cream
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
Combine these 5 ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Pour 1/2 of batter into a lightly greased and floured 9x13 pan.
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of sugar mixture over batter.
Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top. Swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the milk and powdered sugar together for a glaze. Add glaze to the cake as soon as it is removed from the oven.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this looks good! I'm trying to be good so I can lose a little poundage before summer, but I'm thinking I need to make this first! Andy is doing 110% percent better. He's on the mend finally (hurray!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you all enjoyed the cake! And thanks for your kind words.
    I am enjoying the recipes on your blog...look forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I love EASY!!! and FAST!!! recipes. If I have to make a dessert I don't want to work hard making it. THANKS!!! for the AWESOME!!! recipe.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!