Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing

This is my favorite salad dressing because it is oh so delicious! It is best made with fresh strawberries. So it makes it kind of a seasonal dressing which makes me crave it all the more.  It actually goes with a salad that I make with strawberries and grapes.  Recipe to come at a later date. My plans were foiled when all the grapes got eaten before I could get the salad made. 

Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing
blend in a blender
3/4 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup diced red or sweet onion
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon poppy seed
1-2 fresh strawberries.(to taste)
Enjoy!!

Linked to:
~Tiffanee

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I might try it with 1/2 splenda and 1/2 sugar to cut the calories a bit. I eat a LOT of salads so I love a good dressing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness that looks so yummy :). I love anything strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just wanted to let you know I featured you on my blog in a post called Favorite Things: Recipe Blogs.

    You can check the post out here:
    http://theoverloadedmommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/favorite-things-recipe-blogs-part-2.html

    If you are interested in having a button to show you were featured on the blog please comment me back.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this dressing,too! It is one of my favorite recipes that I got from my great friend...you! I can totally relate to the grapes being eaten. My kids will eat anything that isn't nailed down unless I hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Fiance finally added the featured button to our buttons page.

    You can get yours buy going here:
    http://theoverloadedmommy.blogspot.com/p/get-our-buttons.html

    Thanks so much :)
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had had this recipe for my dinner! Sounds great and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dressing! Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday. I would love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dressing sounds wonderful! I am so thrilled to have just gotten my first strawberries from my garden...I will have to whip up some salad dressing now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails