Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mexican Coleslaw

This recipe comes from my brother and sister in law. They are both avid and great cooks. When they told me we would be eating Mexican Coleslaw I was intrigued (I love Mexican food.)  It is a bit different than any other salad I have had, but oh so delicious!! Thanks Royce & Heidi!!
Mexican Coleslaw
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
1 cup celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 jalepenos, seeded and minced
1/2 cup minced cilantro

Dressing:
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mix dressing ingredients together until well blended.  Pour over salad and mix to coat.  Allow to chill for a few hours so the flavors can mix.  We ate it with tortilla chips and some others put it on top of their chicken.
*You can substitue 1/2 the black beans for another type of beans. Heidi uses 1/2 garbanzo beans.
Place salad ingredients in a bowl and
~Tiffanee

6 comments:

  1. I make this often in the summer and serve it with tortilla chips....soooo yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mexican food. I am bookmarking this salad to make it with my enchiladas. It looks very vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds amazing! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am definitely going to have to try that one soon!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could live on Mexican food and this is a keeper. Thanks for the fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I have a similar recipe that is a corn relish. Totally forget about using it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails