Caramel Chocolate Crumb Bars

These bars were easy and so delicious! A good mixture of chocolate and caramel with a hint of butter crust! Oh YUM!! I took most of them to the girls in my YW class.  My son told me they were no good. I shouldn't take them and he would be happy to eat them all for me.  Ha Ha!!  I am glad I did because I would of eaten the whole pan had I got the chance.  He said he should of eaten more while he had the chance.

Caramel Chocolate Crumb Bars
1 1/2 cups flour + 2 Tablespoons dived
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup cold butter
30 caramels
2 Tablespoons milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
In a food processor or by hand combine 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, salt and soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Reserve 1 cup of crumbs and press the rest in a greased 9x13 pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes or until set. 
 In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels with the milk. Stir after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth.  Stir in the 2 Tablespoons flour and mix until well blended.  Pour over top of crust.
 Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and reserved crumb mixture. 
 Bake 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Cool and then cut into bars!! Enjoy.
Linked to:


Comments

  1. Oh yum! I think I agree with your son - I would be happy to eat them for you! ;) You are a strong woman to actually share them with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look delicious, and pretty simple! Love the combination of caramel and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking treat! Not sure that one pan would suffice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect! Caramel? My favorite! They look fantastic. That is funny that your son was thinking of you and would sacrifice himself and eat them all =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! okay you bring the dessert and I'll make my chicken. Together we can have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bars sound absolutely delicious. I wish I had all of the ingredients on hand...I would whip them up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sound wonderful. I can see why your son didn't want to share. I am sure the girls appreciated his sacrifice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmm... Again, not diet bars, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT recipe! We are doing CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE and MORE CHOCOLATE at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party and we would love to have you link up this awesome recipe!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, these must have been so ooey gooey delicious. I bet they went fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We so appreciate you coming back and linking up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS “CHOCOLATE”, we are already enjoying over 125 recipes, so make sure to stop back by and see them all. It’s gonna be one SWEET week!

    And don’t forget to come back next week (Monday) for “HIDDEN INGREDIENT”… “What can you hide in your recipes?”

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wish I lived next door Tiffanee!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tiffanee! Oh my goodness, how great would it be to sit together over a cup of coffee and have one of these bars? I so wish people still had coffee clatches Not even sure how to spell that! but my mom used to have the girls over in the morning to sit over coffee cake! These look amazing and thanks so much for sharing them on the hearth and soul hop! All the best! Alex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!