Simply Baked Pasta

One night last week I came home from work, very tired and needed something super quick for dinner.  This dish saved me that night and the best thing is the family LOVED it.  Even my picky eater had seconds.  It is so simple I feel a bit guilty posting the recipe, but it is a good one.
Simply Baked Pasta
1 lb. pasta  ( I used penne.)
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup or more sliced mushrooms
1 jar spaghetti sauce (around 26 oz.)
1 can tomato soup (10 3/4 oz.)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Do not overcook.  Drain and set aside. 
In a skillet brown hamburger, onion and garlic.  Season just a bit to taste. Add mushrooms and cook just a few minutes until they are soft.  Drain.
Mix the pasta and hamburger mixture together with the spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and tomatoes if desired.   Pour into a  9 x13 casserole dish. 
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes.  Then remove cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
Enjoy!!
Next time I will add some more veggies to it.

Linked to:

Comments

  1. Simple and delicious! Yum! Feel free to link up to presto pasta nights if you want, details are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely my kind of meal. Perfect for a weeknight and then for leftovers for lunch the next day!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Don't you think sometimes the meals you throw together end up being the best...I have found some good recipes that way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect family comfort food Tiffanee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an easy sounding recipe. I bet adding more veggies would really be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta casserole is my favorite. I made a few variety like white sauce, blend of ground meat, tuna, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds fantastic! I bet even my kids would eat this - which is a HUGE bonus! I think this is on our list for this weekend. Thanks, Tiffanee! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes easy is best. I've spent hours slaving over a sauce only to have it come out ok. And then I've thrown things together in 15 minutes and have them come out great. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baked pasta (pasta al' forno), is the best! Always a great meal :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks soooo good...just love it when the fam like what we cook:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so much better than any hamburger helper type boxed meal and yet it is still simple to throw together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is my kind of dish. Baked pasta is always good and the leftovers are usually even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!