Bowtie Spinach Salad

Just a few words about my new favorite salad.  It is easy to put together and oh so DELICIOUS!! I found this recipe over at Moogie and Pap.  She is always making some amazing things!!  I love that you really don't need to measure the ingredients and the dressing is so good!!
Bowtie Spinach Salad
adapted from Moogie & Pap
1 bag baby spinach
8 oz. mini-bow tie pasta
1 package bacon cooked crisp and broken into small pieces.
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into about 1 inch cubes
4-6 strawberries cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup almond slivers

Dressing
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon sweet onion
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
*Optional  1 strawberry
Update: This is my new favorite dressing for this salad:
Sweet Vinaigrette Dressing
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
Mix well. Shake before serving.Boil pasta as directed on the package.  Rinse under cold water and set aside.   Combine dressing ingredients in the blender.  I always add 1 strawberry to make it a pretty pink color and it add great flavor. 
Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.  Toss gently to combine the ingredients.

OH YUM!!
Linked to:

Comments

  1. Looks and sounds delicious. I love the interesting addition of strawberries! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, I posted about salad too! This one looks perfect Tiffanee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good Tiffanee! Printing out this recipe now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing combination of flavors. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guessing that this recipe is one that I will adore and my husband won't eat too much of. Does your husband like it? Matt might, it does have bacon! I really like spinach, Matt not so much but I want to make it and see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, Tiffanee! This sounds delicious. I really love all salads with strawberries...they just go so well in a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Tiffanee this does sound great! I love it! I will have to try this very soon. Is the red wine vinegar in the dressing, very powerful? Or is it mild?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tiffany,
    I'm a fairly new blogger who loves to bake. You have some wonderful recipes I am excited to try. This salad sounds wonderful. I love pasta and greens mixed together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesomeness. just found your blog!!! i will be back soon. love your recipes!!! hope you don't mind me adding you to my blogroll.
    take care
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. That totally works for me...not into measuring when I can get out of it! Looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for "salad season" to get started again. Pasta salad is one of my favorites. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharing this on my Wednesday post, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!