Salad Bar

This is how you eat your salad without a fork!!  This is a great dish to share at potlucks, showers, other group events or just for family dinner.  It is light and delicious.
Salad Bar
2 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese
1 package ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup sour cream*
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Various vegetables chopped up in small pieces.  I used broccoli, cauliflower, onion and carrots.
Use vegetables that taste good cold and what you like.
Open and spread crescent roll onto a cookie sheet.  Roll seams together.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch packet together.  
Spread on top of cooled pastry.
Mix vegetables together and spread over top of cream cheese layer.
Gently press the veggies into the cream cheese.  This is help them not fall off.
Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
*I substituted blended low fat cottage cheese for the
 sour cream.  I also used light cream cheese and light mayonnaise.
YUM!!

Comments

  1. That looks like a great appetizer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is my kind of salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! This recipe would be yummy to serve for Easter dinner, and even the little kids will eat it. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have had this and it is absolutely amazing! It makes a great bridal shower, high school graduation, or what-have-you snack that is still nutritious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH yes!!! Mom use to make this when I was young :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had these numerous times and always loved them. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy! great treat for a shower or potluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite appetizers. My aunt made it the first time and I couldn't believe how great it was. It is one of those I need to do again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful n refreshing ... I'm sure it must have tasted great ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such a healthy side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is perfect for banquets. I love th idea of dough and salad at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this one from years ago, and thanks for the reminder to make it again. Kids especially eat it up. This is great for the upcoming warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! A perfect little savory treat for Spring time gatherings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!