Sliders Into Home Plate

I LOVE baseball season.  If I could afford it I would buy season tickets and spend all season at the ballpark!  My dream vacation is trying to see how many ball parks we could go to in a period of time.  CRAZY I know.  So when my friend Alex over at Ma, What's for Dinner? posted recipes dedicated to the opening day of baseball, I was intrigued.  Each Tuesday my boss makes sliders for lunch.  I love them, but sadly never made them for my family.  Well after finding this recipe, they will now be a regular on the menu plan.  One word YUM!!
Sliders Into Home Plate
From Ma,What's For Dinner?
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 T dried onion
1 T seasoning salt
sliced cheddar
12 dinner rolls
*optional bacon, ham or Canadian Bacon
sliced tomatoes
lettuce
In a large bowl combine the meat, onions, steak seasoning, and water. Mix well to blend and then form about 1/4 cup of the the meat into small burgers . Stick em on the grill for about 4 minutes on the first side. Flip ‘em and then toss the cheese on top and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
Place these little beauties on a roll and serve with ketchup, mustard and other burger toppings.
*I added some Canadian bacon to each patty before adding the cheese.

Thanks Alex!  

Comments

  1. YUM! I've thought about making these but never have. Thanks for posting this 'cause now I know what we'll be eating on Saturday after my son's baseball game :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they look really yummy, but then I'd want an order of fries...and then I'd want a chocolate shake...and then I'd want...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love baseball too. The Red Sox are our team!! My son lives and breathes Red Sox baseball, and let me tell you, they are not off to a good start...0 and 5 as I type this.

    I have often done baseball-type dinners for our family. We always do it on the All-Star game and then again during the World Series. Hot dogs or sub sandwiches, peanuts in the shell (I even spread beach towels on the floor so they could toss the shells on the ground, ala stadium style), cracker jacks, etc.

    It is so fun to celebrate our favorite things with special treats. I'm sure your family loved your sliders. But even more than the food, they probably liked the celebration dinner.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good. I love mini-versions of foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time here...wow what lovely looking sliders.....just perfect n delicious ! u hav a wonderful collection of recipes in your space! glad to follow ur space...do visit mine whenever u hav time :-)


    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are definitely a recipe I'm trying. The grandchildren love sliders because they are just the right size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in as a never made sliders, cook. A fun dinner for sure. I will have to give these a try, this summer especially when we can grill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!