Chili Cheese Dogs in a Blanket

This is most definitely not the most beautiful meal, but it is simple and delicious! Everyone loved it. A good way to use up leftover chili.
Chili Cheese Dogs in a Blanket
adapted from Rachael Ray
8 hot dogs
shredded cheddar cheese
1 can chili or leftover homemade chili
 pizza dough (store bought or my favorite here.)
Roll out the pizza dough into a big rectangle.  Cut the dough in half lengthwise, then cut the dough into four equal pieces.   Across the center of each piece of dough place a couple spoonfuls of chili and sprinkle with a small amount of cheese.
Set the dog on the dough and wrap and roll the pizza dough around the dog, sealing in the chili and cheese.
Not beautiful, but effective.
Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
As Rachael Ray puts it "YUM-O!!"
Next time I make them I think I will make a double batch and freeze them for quick easy meals.

Comments

  1. Oh I would love this! Anything wrapped in dough and I'm all over it =o) My kids wouldn't eat it (the buggers) but maybe if I left out the chili. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffanee,

    I'm so sorry I haven't been able to visit. I had to take the rest of the month of July off from blogging suddenly and have just returned. Maybe you saw the post I did explaining it. It's called Bitter Sweet.

    Anyway, I'm gradually making my way back and wanted to pop in to say Hi!!!

    The chili dogs look delicious to me, Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind one about now!

    I saw your LOL give-away. It sounds awesome!!! I don't feel comfortable entering give-aways (I know I'm weird:) I'm thinking about doing a post for Sunday, if I do, I will mention your give-away on the post.

    Thanks for sharing and HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is going to love this!~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!