Oreo Ice Cream Cake

This is one of those cakes, people will think that you spent hours creating.  When in fact it is so simple and very delicious! My kids were raving about it.  Now they all want me to make it for their birthdays.
Oreo Ice Cream Cake
adapted from Kraft
1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping, thawed
1 (4 serving) chocolate instant pudding
8 Oreo Cookies, chopped
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
Pour fudge topping into a medium bowl, add 1 cup of the whipped topping; stir until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir for 2 minutes  or until well blended. Gently stir in the chopped Oreos. Set aside. 
Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches. Arrange 4 of them side by side on a 24 inch long piece of tin foil.
Top with half of the whipped topping mixture.  Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 sandwiches. Frost top and sides of cake with the remaining whipped topping. Bring up the foil sides. Double fol top and ends to loosely seal packet. 
Freeze atleast 4 hours before serving.
Mine wasn't beautiful, but it was YUMMY!!
ENJOY!!

Linked to:

Comments

  1. That looks luscious! Phew its breakfast time here but this will do nicely, thank you!

    Veronica

    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I wouldn't mind a piece even though it's only 7AM:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY HECK! I just fell over in my chair! I could so make this! And my kids would LOVE me for it! Thanks for another awesome recipe!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This certainly looks impressive. Good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh i need to go to the store now and get my ingredients. thanks for a yummy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous with all the lovely layers!!! And I love that you don't have to break your back to make this beauty! Love it~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is an impressive dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew when I visited your blog, I would find just wanted I needed! Thursday is my husband's 60th birthday and I wanted to find an extra special dessert for him. I showed him your recipe and he smiled and said that was what he wanted for his birthday!!!!! Thanks again!
    Love,
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  9. THe ice cream cake looks so impressive with all the different layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while now, and yours looks super yummy! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I just added this to my pinterest page!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!