Lasagna Soup

This recipe was such a HIT at my house. Even my picky eater had two servings.  It was simple to put together and VERY DELICIOUS!! I received a message from hubby who hates soup and it said; "If you change the name from soup that dish is AWESOME!" Wow that says a lot coming from the man of few words. Guess it passed the test!! 
Lasagna Soup
1 lb. mild Italian sausage
1/2 cup onion diced
1 (28 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 cup small shell pasta (I used small penne)
grated parmesan
shredded mozzarella (optional)
In a skillet, brown sausage with the onion. Drain if needed.  Place sausage in the crock pot. Add all the ingredients but the pasta. Stir and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Add pasta to the crock pot about 10-20 minutes before serving.
Garnish each serving with some parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella.
Delicious!!

Comments

  1. Sounds good! I was just thinking this morning that I need pasta this weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why don't you change the name to souper lasagna? lol. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup does sound really good. I bet my Hubs would like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't that look delicious! I can see that I should not be reading food recipes so close to dinner time. I'm getting very hungry. lol Hope you have a great weekend, Tiffanee!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea, Tiffanee. I know a couple of grandkids that would just love this soup! Perhaps your husband would rather you called it, Lasagna a la Zuppa, lol... (soup in Italian:)

    P.S. Did I miss your birthday while I was away???

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! We are adding you to our blog roll! We LOVE soups! Cheers, Ashleigh & Tiffani, The Drinking Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffanee, I was so eager for you to post that recipe! It sounds delicious!! I'm pinning it now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!