Nesting Chicks Treat

I wanted something fun to give my preschool kids as a treat this week. My own kids thought they turned out cute.  They were simple and delicious!! Nest year I will let the kids make their own!!
Nesting Chicks Treat
adapted from food.com
2 cups chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter
4 cups chow mein noodles,break them up a bit
M&M's, Peeps, jelly beans or other candy for garnish as desired.

Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute and then stir.  Continue to heat in 20-30 second intervals until the chocolate can be stirred smooth.  Stir in the peanut butter and then add the chow mein noodles and stir until they are completely covered.
Spoon desired amount (I used about 1 tablespoon) onto waxed paper. Spread out a bit to look like a nest.
Add the candy to garnish the nests. Press into the nests before chocolate sets.
Chill until the chocolate has hardened.
Simple and Easy!!
Can't wait to see the reaction of my students!!
*You could substitute pretzel sticks for the noodles.
 
Have a Happy Easter!

Comments

  1. Aren't these cute, Tiffanee!! And who can resist Peeps in all their cuteness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are simply adorable Tiffanee. I bet the kids loved them!

    Thank you so much for sharing...A Blessed Easter to You and Yours:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!