Thanksgiving Faves- Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie

Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without dessert and lots of it.  I don't make a lot of pies though out the year, but our Thanksgiving consist of plenty or pies!  Growing up I remember Grandma, my mom and aunts making lots of pies.  You had plenty of great options.  I also remember the men always undoing the top button on their pants to make room for more pie.  HAHA!!  I have carried on the pie tradition anyway and we wear sweats to avoid the pants thing.  My youngest daughter has become my pie maker and this is one of her favorites.  It takes two faves and puts it into one pie.  SO DELICIOUS!!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
1 baked pie crust
Cream Cheese Layer
1- 8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
Mix cream cheese, sugar and milk together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
Place mixture in the pie crust.

Chocolate Layer
1 large (6 1/2 cup serving) instant chocolate pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
Mix the pudding mix with the milk.  Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir into the pudding mix.  Fold in the whipped topping.
Spread over top of cream cheese layer.
If desired grate a small amount of chocolate on top of the pie. Refrigerate for a few hours, if you can wait that long!
Serve with whipped cream on top!!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

  1. this sounds great! I love the cream cheese and chocolate combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Your pie looks wonderful. That is a pie I'd eat! Chocolate and cream cheese? Yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!