Chinese Hamburger Casserole

A few days ago I needed something easy and quick for dinner when I thought of this recipe.  I actually put it together the night before and put it in the refrigerator.  It made dinner the next day so easy.  I love that you actually just throw everything together and don't have to worry about cooking the rice. 

Chinese Hamburger Casserole
1 lb. hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups water
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 medium can Chinese noodles
Brown hamburger and onion. Drain and place in a casserole dish. Mix in soups, rice, celery, water, and soy sauce.  Bake covered at 350 degrees fro 30 minutes.  Remove the cover and bake for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle noodles on top of casserole and bake 10 more minutes.

Comments

  1. I love making casseroles and the more recipes I have the merrier.
    THANKS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made this when I was a kid. When I get a craving for it, nothing else will do. It's not a lovely looking dish, but it is my comfort food! Thanks for sharing this. Now I won't have to dig through my old church cook book

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it's a family hit. Her recipe also added 1 small can sliced water chestnuts and you would mix 1/2 can of the Chinese noodles in with casserole and top with the remaining 1/2 can. I also liked to add 1 small can sliced bamboo shots and small can bean sprouts for more Chinese flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!