Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Bowls


I was craving enchiladas, but had crazy, busy days so I created this recipe.  It smelled so good while it was cooking and was a huge hit with the family!!

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Bowls
4-5 chicken breasts  (I used 12 chicken tenders)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup water
3-4 green onions (or 1-2 Tablespoons minced onion)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
cilantro *Optional
cooked rice
sour cream
additional shredded cheese

Place chicken in the crock pot, pour the enchilada sauce, the taco seasoning, onions, water and 1 cups cheese on top.

Then if desired add some chopped cilantro on top of that. Cook on low for about 4 hours, stirring every once in awhile.
When chicken is cooked through, remove and cut in to pieces or shred it.
 Return it to the pot.  Cook your rice.
Serve chicken mixture over rice.

 Garnish with cheese and sour cream.

*Next time I am going to add to the garnishing;  tomatoes and avocado
I also think a can of black beans would be a good addition to the chicken mixture.

It was simple and delicious. I will be making it again!!


Comments

  1. Tiffanee, this looks amazing! Pinned it so I can make it over the holiday break. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!