Ham & Cheese Pasta Salad on a Stick


A few days before Valentine's Day my 4th Grader's teacher sent out an email explaining that they would be having a manners party.  She asked for volunteers to bring in fruit, veggies and finger foods.  So of course I took it as a challenge..What could I create that would be simple, fun, not to expensive and that 9 and 10 year olds would like.  I walked up and down the aisles of the grocery store putting things in and out of my cart before I finally settled on a idea and with fingers crossed hoped it would work.  Since parent's weren't allowed at this party I dropped them off and hoped it would all go well.

According to my daughter they were a HIT!! The plate came home empty and the teacher said they were perfect for the occasion because they looked all dressed up!!
Ham & Cheese Pasta Salad on a Stick
mini bowtie pasta
Italian Dressing
cheese cut in to about 1 inch squares
ham lunch meat
olives
toothpicks

Cook your pasta to aldente the night or a few hours before.  Pour into a bowl. Toss with some Italian dressing  (I used about 1/4 cup dressing). Cover and put in the fridge.  When you are ready to put these together, stir pasta and dressing. Add a little more if you want a bit more flavor.  All up to you!!
Now the assembly;
Stick a toothpick in the cheese. I the laid two pieces (of thin deli sliced) ham together, rolled it and sliced it into 5 equal pieces. Then added it on the toothpick above the cheese.

Then carefully add a bowtie pasta.

Add the olive.

 and finish with another bowtie.


Put them on a nice tray and expect to impress!! 

I sent them with my oldest daughter for lunch.  She loved it!
Have fun!!

Comments