Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cookie Dough Brownies

This recipe contains two of my favorites: chocolate and cookie dough.  After tasting some very delicious cookie dough truffles at Christmas I could not wait to try this recipe out.  
Cookie Dough Brownies
1 box brownie mix; make and bake following the directions on the box.
Allow brownies to cool completely.
Cookie Dough Filling:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour.  Spread over the brownies; chill until firm.
Glaze:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Melt chocolate chips and oil in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Spread over filling. 
Optional: add chopped nuts or toffee bits on the top.
Chill long enough for the glaze to set up.

*I believe the original recipe came from a Taste of Home Magazine.

This recipe is linked with Tuesdays at the Table and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE!!! chocolate and this is YUMMY!!! dessert with lots of chocolate.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!!! for entering my giveaway and GOOD LUCK!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks really good. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I think I've had these before, but it's been quite awhile. Thanks for the recipe! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - this looks delish! Brownies and Cookie Dough - what a great combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, you're killing me! I have to stop looking at all your amazing recipes or I might explode! Can't wait to make these too!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails