Thursday, January 21, 2010

Easy Sour Cream Potatoes

This is a great, quick potato dish.  It can be made ahead of time and is a great dish to take to pot lucks or other dinner functions.  This recipe is known by my family as "funeral potatoes"!!  I believe it is because when my mom was in charge of the after funeral luncheons she would make this to take quite often.


Easy Sour Cream Potatoes
1 (2 lb.) bag chunky hashbrowns
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 -2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup*
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups crushed corn flakes mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter
*you can substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom. Use which ever you prefer. It is good with either.

Mix all ingredients except the corn flakes in a large bowl.  Place into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.

Top with corn flake butter mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. YUM, I've made one like this but not with the cornflakes. The boys would love this, thanks for the new twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made FOUR of these for my nieces shower....and then two for Christmas. Had SOOO much left over that I froze it. I hope they reheat well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great recipe. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I made that was for a funeral....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails