Easy Sour Cream Potatoes

This is a great, quick potato dish.  It can be made ahead of time and is a great dish to take to pot lucks or other dinner functions.  This recipe is known by my family as "funeral potatoes"!!  I believe it is because when my mom was in charge of the after funeral luncheons she would make this to take quite often.


Easy Sour Cream Potatoes
1 (2 lb.) bag chunky hashbrowns
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 -2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup*
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups crushed corn flakes mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter
*you can substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom. Use which ever you prefer. It is good with either.

Mix all ingredients except the corn flakes in a large bowl.  Place into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.

Top with corn flake butter mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Comments

  1. YUM, I've made one like this but not with the cornflakes. The boys would love this, thanks for the new twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made FOUR of these for my nieces shower....and then two for Christmas. Had SOOO much left over that I froze it. I hope they reheat well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great recipe. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I made that was for a funeral....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!