Pork Chops O'Brien

This is the perfect meal to satisfy my meat and potatoes hubby.  I love it because it is easy and an all in one deal!!  It is delicious and there weren't any leftovers. 

Pork Chops O'Brien
6 pork loin chops about 1/2 inch thick
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1+ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups french fried onions
24 oz. frozen hash browns
seasoning salt
Over medium high heat, brown the pork chops and set aside.
Melt butter.  In a medium sized bowl combine the soup, sour cream, butter, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup onions.  Fold mixture into the potatoes.
Spread mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 13 dish.
Arrange pork chops on top and sprinkle them with the seasoning salt.
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the pork is tender.  Remove cover. Sprinkle with the remaing french fried onions and cheese.
Return to the oven uncovered for 5-10 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
YUM!!
*The original recipe calls for O'Brien hash browns.  I have always just used what I have on hand.  Don't worry about thawing your hashbrown.  It turns out just fine.
*You can substitute the soup for Cream of Celery.
Now the winner of the Cheerios Spoonful of Stories prize package, drawn by random number generator:
Congratulations to Miriam of Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters!  

Comments

  1. Mmm, great way to reduce dishes and still have an awesome meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pork chops look great! Congrats to Miriam:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum!! Loved your baked creamy cheesy pork chops ... too delicious and I think such dishes never ever have any left over!
    Wish you and all your loved ones Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, sour cream, cheddar, onions, and hashbrowns on ANYTHING make it to die for! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This looks fabulous. I haven't used French fried onions in awhile, but they add so much to a dish. They are one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving (the green bean casserole with mushrooms and French friend onions - I could eat a pound of that stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks YumO!!
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter weekend, Char

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I read that your hubby likes this I knew mine would too before I even got to the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these meals where you don't have to use a ton of pots and utensils to make them. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that totally looks like my cup of tea...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, that looks so delicious and easy to make. Definitely going to give it a try! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!