Butter Dip Biscuits

This is an old family recipe that comes from the Dough Queen my Aunt Karen.  She has the touch that makes incredible breads, rolls and other delicious goodies.  These were so delicious and a huge hit with the family!!
Butter Dip Biscuits
From Aunt Karen

2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 cup warm water
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon salt
5-6 cups flour
additional melted butter
Put the milk, sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan.  Heat on medium heat stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour water into the mixer, sprinkle the yeast and stir just a bit.  I added 1 teaspoon sugar to the mixture.  Let yeast sit until it foams a bit (about 5 minutes).  Stir in eggs and milk mixture. Stir in flour until you get a stiff dough.  Let dough raise until doubled.  Punch down and roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out round rolls (I used a drinking glass to cut mine.)
Dip each round into melted butter (I started with 2 Tablespoons butter and then melted more when I needed it) and fold in half on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 
 Let raise again (about 20-30 minutes). Bake  at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
 
The only issue I had was keeping the rolls folded.
These were light and delicious.

Comments

  1. I love family recipes, they are so tried and true! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I'll have to try these on Sunday! They look great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as they say, 'butter makes everything better!' :-) These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Tiffanee! These look wonderful. I wish I had some right now for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good bisquit recipe is hard to find. I can remember my very first attempt rendered something that resembled a hockey puck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!