Tried & True: Crescent Chicken Bundles

This is one of my family's all time favorites that I posted early in the life of this blog!! My husband and I argue about where this recipe originated from, but that really doesn't matter, because it is easy and  DELICIOUS!! It so deserves a second  post! 
Crescent Chicken Bundles
original post here

2 cups cooked chicken, diced
2-3 stalks of celery, diced in small pieces
1/2 cup diced olives
2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
1 small onion, minced
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
Mix all ingredients together. Roll out crescent rolls. Place a small amount of mixture on the large end of the crescent.
Roll up the top and sides around the filling. Continue to roll the dough up. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 
 Bake  at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Until  lightly browned.
Make a gravy out of the following:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 soup can of water
Bring to boil and simmer until gravy like consistency.
Serve gravy over top of the rolls.

*As you can tell I renamed this recipe because I could not figure out how to get the filling to stay in the roll if made into a crescent shape. That is why it is a bundle. I try to wrap the dough around the filling right from the start.

 There are better directions for rolling the dough in the original post!!

Comments

  1. These sound delicious. Iam new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound really good. You are making me miss the way I used to eat. I now eat bread made with no yeast and no sugar.... when I eat bread which is not often.

    I have never done the chicken in a crescent roll but used to do hot dogs in them. I bet beef would be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that is a huge hit with the family!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sound wonderful! Totally my kind of comfort food! :) Gotta give these a try soon. A recipe worth a 2nd post? You bet I'm going to make it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!