Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Garlic Parmesan Roll-Ups

Bread is one of my biggest loves and weaknesses.  The other night on my commute home from work (I have a lot of time to think) a thought entered my mind garlic butter and cheese in a cinnamon roll form.  I had to experiment with it and they turned out to be a huge hit!!
Garlic Cheese Roll-Ups

1 batch of pizza dough (you can find an easy and good recipe here.)
4 Tablespoons butter, divided
2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 -2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Roll you dough out in to a large rectangle.  Melt 2 Tablespoons butter with 1 teaspoon garlic.  Spread the garlic butter over the rectangle.  Sprinkle with the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.  Roll up the long ends and cut into 1 about 1 inch pieces (dental floss works well to cut it.You can see an example here.)  Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of garlic.
Brush the garlic butter over top of the rolls and return to the over for 2-5 more minutes or until they are lightly golden brown.

They smelled delicious baking and did not disappoint. My kids and coworkers loved them.

MMMMMM...I am craving them right now!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. they look amazing. And dipping them in Marinara sauce...oh yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck, Tiffanee, I would eat the whole pan! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be my dinner and then my breakfast! Yum. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails