Spinach Salad

I have taken this salad to potlucks and always get requests for the recipe.  I have always taken home an empy bowl. 


Spinach Salad

1 bag baby spinach or regular torn into small pieces
1 lb bacon cooked until crisp and broken into small pieces.
1/2 cup cashew pieces
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Poppy Seed Dressing
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. mustard
2 tsp. diced or grated onion
1 Tbs. poppy seed
1/2 tsp salt

Wash spinach and place in a bowl.  Add cashew pieces, grated parmesan and bacon pieces on top. 
Toss salad just before you are ready to serve.  Otherwise things will get soggy.
You can either mix the dressing in the salad or serve on the side.

(If I am serving this to a group I toss the dressing in the salad just before serving.  When I serve it to my family I serve the dressing on the side.  So if there are leftover I can save it for later.)

*I usually add a little bit more sugar to taste in the dressing.

Comments