Triple Layer Mint Brownies

I first had a similar version to this brownie while at BYU Women's Conference a few years ago with some great friends.  They showed us a video that promoted the "famous" BYU brownie.  We caved and the four of us shared one brownie.  I was excited when I found this recipe.  Not only do they taste great, but bring back great memories.  The mint layer at BYU and in the recipe was colored green.  The first time I made these I did not have any green food coloring so I used blue.  It has just stuck and plus it is my favorite color. These brownies get better with age.  24 hours in the fridge make them even better.


Triple Layer Mint Brownie
Layer 1:
1 package brownie mix: bake as directed and cool.

Layer 2: Mint Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. mint extract
green or blue food coloring

Mix butter and powdered sugar. Add only enough milk to make a smooth consistency.  Add mint extract and enough food coloring for desired color. Frosting will be thick. Spread over brownie layer. Refrigerate until firm.

Layer 3: Chocolate Topping
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Stir well to combine.  Add vanilla and powdered sugar.  Mix well.  Pour over frosted brownies, covering frosting completely.  Refrigerate until topping is set and hardened.  Cut into individual servings. 


They seem to taste better when stored in the fridge.  Someone ate one before I could get a picture!!

Check out what others are cooking at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Comments

  1. WOW!!! I love the combination of chocolate and mint. YUMMY!!! YUM!!! GREAT!!! for the holidays.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my.... I don't think I can even keep this recipe on file... it would be my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like mint in lot of things but I love mint with chocolate. They bring the best out of each other. This is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can.not.wait to try these!! My mouth is watering! :-)

    Thanks for sharing with TATT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good!!! :) I wish I could make these right now, but I really should get ready for bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How yummy! I wish I had a batch of these to eat right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!