Caramel Infused Brownies

One night I was trying to come up with a little twist to a normal brownie.  This is what I came up with. 
They did not last very long. 

Caramel Infused Brownies
1 box brownie mix
Make as directed. 
Pour 1/2 the batter into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Caramel Sauce
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium-high heat. Stir constantly until melted. Bring to a boil.  Boil for 3 minutes.  Take off heat let cool for 5 minutes.  Pour over top of the brownie layer.

Sprinkle on top of caramel layer:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chocolate chips

Spread the remaining brownie batter over top.  I dropped it by spoonfuls and then spread it all over the top.
Bake for 20 minutes.




Check out other delicious recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays and Tuesdays at the Table.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Those brownies rock! Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!