Buttermilk Pie

I am here to apologize for the lack of posts this last week.  I am in charge of a Beehive conference (girls 12-13) this coming Saturday and have been crazy trying to get everything done and ready.  So forgive me for the bit delayed holiday recipe. It is good year round though!!

Buttermilk pie has become a holiday tradition at our house. I tastesd a very similar version at a restaurant while on my senior sneak. It tasted like a smooth, light, vanilla custard.  It was so good.  I found myself craving it.  Many years later I found a recipe in a Weight Watchers cookbook.  Imagine that!!  I have changed it a bit through the years to fit my family's tastes. 
Buttermilk Pie
1 pie crust
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1 cup low fat buttermilk
Place crust in the bottom of pie plate.  Combine sugar and flour together.  Add vanilla, eggs and egg whites. Stir with a wisk until well blended. Gradually stir in the buttermilk.

 Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is set. Shield the crust with foil after 20 minutes of cooking. Let cool. Serve with whipped cream.

Don't look at how horrible my crust looks.  The pie tasted good though!

This recipe is linked with Tuesdays at the Table and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Comments

  1. I am so glad you stopped by! I am always excited to have new readers and find wonderful new blogs! You have a lot of wonderful recipes here- can't wait to try! Have a good one!

    Marin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made this. But after seeing how delicious yours looks.... well, I need to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a buttermilk pie. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brand new recipe for me. I never had a buttermilk pie. Looks great. Blogging opens new doors to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that pie did taste good!!! Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't made buttermilk pie in a long time, they are good! thanks for sharing

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!