Hawaiian Haystacks

This is an old recipe that probably everyone has their own version of.  I got this one from my Aunt Linda.  She served it one New Years.  You know it must have been good since I actually remember when I first had it. She is another amazing cook!  So I am going to share with you the McNee version of this recipe. This is another favorite of my kids.
Hawaiian Haystacks
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp. chicken boullion.
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
4 cups cooked rice
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
2-3 tomatoes, choppped
1 can chow mein noodles (I buy the bag it is cheaper.)
1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Combine soup and broth in a medium saucepan to make the gravy. You might need to wisk it a little to get it smooth. Add chicken and simmer about 10 minutes.  To serve layer: rice, chicken gravy, cheeese, celery, noodles, tomatoes, pineapple and almonds if desired.

Comments

  1. Oh... my, this looks really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffanee, we just had these last monday also, I did a FHE with a Hawaiian theme the boys loved it..by the way I love all your recipes as a matter of fact Im making the chicken and potatoe tonight, iM sure it will be a big it, Hubby and kids love everything that I have made off of here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up Seventh Day Adventist and they have a famous recipe called haystacks but I think it's mexican (and vegetarian)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!