Grandma's Irish Cupcakes

This is a traditional recipe my Grandma McNee made for us each St. Patrick's Day. We always looked forward to having them.  Not only are they so cool but taste delicious!  My ten year old took on the task this year and did an awesome job! (We used my lazy version) Unfortunately we did not have any pistachio pudding on hand so she used vanilla instead.  They still turned out quite festive I think!!  It doesn't matter if I make the original or my lazy version they still bring back great memories of my incredible Grandma.  So today I am posting this recipe in honor of her!!  She loved baking and especially being creative on the Holidays. 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Grandma's Irish Cupcakes
2/3 cup sugar
1 package instant pudding (use pistachio if you want them green)
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix together sugar, oil, pudding and milk.  Beat in eggs and add vanilla.  Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.  Fill cupcake wrappers 1/2 to 2/3 full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  Frost with cream cheese frosting colored green.

My Lazy Version of Grandma's Irish Cupcakes (AKA Cake Mix Twist)
1 box white cake mix
1 small package pudding (Pistachio)
1 cup sour cream
Mix cake as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix and sour cream. Bake as directed on cake mix.

Comments

  1. Oh, these sound and look amazingly delicious! Bet the pistachio pudding would be great in them. My sister-in-law loves pistachios so I will be telling her about this also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy and I love your Tater Tot casserole below, my hubby would love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. Glad you are carrying on the tradition. Don't be concerned about not posting to CPW this week...just come whenever you can. I always love your company:) Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have read this earlier. Today is the dogs birthday, and the kids conned me into making her a birthday cake(pathetic isn't it). I ended up coloring a white cake mix with green food coloring. Your cupcakes sound much yummier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these cupcakes look good! Thanks for sharing your recipe!... And while it may come late, I hope you had a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!